It was so much fun to photograph Jenna for her senior portraits in the mountains above Boulder. Even though she’s very photogenic, she really doesn’t like being in front of the camera. I think she did extremely well in front of the camera and the images show it. I love working with and learning about these kids’ lives – their interests, hobbies, plans for next year, etc. We were able to get a nice variety of images and expressions in just over an hour and finished up just as the afternoon rain storms began to roll in. Thanks for indulging me and your mom, Jenna.
I hope you are staying healthy and safe in these unusual times. I’m taking the current events of coronavirus and COVID-19 very seriously. I want to share these coronavirus safe-session policies and procedures I’m implementing to protect everyone on our photo shoots.
West End Photography will resume photographing your senior, engagement, family and business portraits outdoors. For the time being these sessions will take place at a non-studio location. This could be outside near the studio or at a nearby Boulder park. It could be outside at your location. For clients looking for a personal lifestyle look, we can photograph downtown in Boulder or Denver, or on the Boulder Open Space after June 1st.
For safety and liability purposes, I won’t be opening up my studio for portraits until July 2020. This date may change. When shooting on location, I can provide the same setup that I do in my studio.
Going forward, these new coronavirus safe-session policies and procedures will apply to all photo shoots and will continue to evolve as the situation dictates.
- Equipment will be wiped down with sanitizing solution upon set up prior to client’s arrival, and in between clients.
- Photographer (and makeup artist when scheduled) will wear a mask at all times.
- Client will wear a mask to session and immediately following session.
- Client will review images on line.
- Photographer and client will keep at least 6 feet from each other at all times.
- A no-touch policy will be in place which means no handshakes, no adjusting of subject’s hair, makeup or clothing. Photographer will direct subject to make adjustments.
- Photographer, makeup artist and subject will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival to location/set and every hour. Photographer will provide hand sanitizer.
- 24 hour cancellation policy waived if illness occurs.
- Large in-person gatherings and in-person meetings of more than ten people are prohibited on set until further notice.
- If you witness or become aware of any employees or other individuals violating this policy, please report them to Daniel immediately.
- All visitors are prohibited unless they are essential to the performance of the job.
- If either photographer or subject feels sick in any capacity prior to the session or day of, especially fever, cough, or fatigue, photo session will not take place under any circumstances and will be rescheduled.
- If client or photographer feels unsafe at any time during the session, session will end and both client and photographer will determine how to proceed.
I am watching the situation closely and will update this blog as things change. To book a non-studio session, please contact me at 303-415-0545 or Daniel@westendphotography.com. Feel free to call me with any questions.
In good health,
Sometimes people have such an infectious laugh you just can’t help but smile and join them. Jonna and Chris laugh a lot. In making each other happy, they make everyone else around them happy. It was a joy to be their wedding photographer. The day started with getting ready at the Hotel Boulderado and the ceremony was at the Greenbriar Inn, just outside Boulder. I loved the scalloped icing on this wedding cake, mirroring the shape of the rose pedals.